About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

7/01/2005

Catchin' Up.....

BIG NEWS FROM MAY.... May 22, 2005 Our much needed beach trip turned into a bigger trip than I could imagine.....We took the girls to Mom and Dad for church and headed towards Destin. We arrived at where we were scheduled to stay and found it was too far from the beach for our taste. So, we went to find other accomodations. We quickly found a place to stay at Sun Destin Condominiums, through Resort Quest properties. We got to our unit and changed to go down to the beach for what was left of the afternoon. Getting down to the beach, I found it to be a little breezy, so of course I was a little whiney. Chad and I were playing "hangman" in the sand and he offered to go back to the room to get my jacket so we could stay til sunset. When he came back, he didn't have my jacket and I was so confused how he could forget it? Shortly I found out that he had other things on his mind....when he pulled out a beautiful solitaire and asked me to marry him! I was crying and he said I took forever to answer him...but of course I said yes. We went back to the room and got dressed to go out to eat and decided to call everyone the next day to tell them. MAY 23, 2005 We called everyone that morning to tell them and I told Jessie by asking her if she wanted to be my flower girl? She SQUEALED and was so excited. Shelby was a little less enthused about being a flower girls....but was excited about us getting married. Chad called his family and they were excited as well. We began discussing wedding dates and he was hoping for August...while I was hoping for November or December to give me more time to plan. Eventually, I conceded that if things would really fall into place, that I would shoot towards an August date - so off we went.

Powered By Blogger

Labels