About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

7/10/2006

Posting from Houston, TX

Friday night we moved all the horses to our house....they have had a time getting the pecking order down. Goldie has always been the alpha mare and our new mare, Sparkle, is really ruling the roost with Sunny running a close second. Feeding time has been interesting to say the least. Saturday, I took Hannah for a little ride around the neighborhood and into the woods behind the Tanner's house. When I took her out of the woods, I took her up on the ridge behind our house. Goldie and Blackie saw her up there and whinnied to her....they began talking furiously and Goldie and Blackie took out running down our pasture at full speed. I was really worried they would fall! I took Hannah back into the woods and could still hear them calling out to her. On Sunday, I prepared to go on my trip to Houston, TX for work. My flight was leaving around 4:30 from B'ham. We ate lunch at the White House restaurant and left shortly for the airport. Shelby was so sad at the airport and really made me feel bad leaving her. She cried and looked just awful....my heart was breaking! I called the car and she was still crying. When I got to Houston, the car rental agency gave me directions to the wrong hotel - couple that with a few wrong turns I made and it took me two hours to get to my hotel. By the time I got there, I was almost having one of my meltdowns! Conference started today and at lunch today, Chad took the girls to Nanny's so he could fish a tournament tonight. We got out of class today around 4:00....so I went to a little outside mall and found Chad two shirts at Gap and a few things for the girls at Children's Place. Went back to the hotel and met a girl from class for dinner. She is from California and has two kids same age as mine. We went to a little seafood place by our hotel. I took her back to the hotel so I could go find Cavendar's Western Wear. I fulfilled both their requests at the western wear store - it was a really nice store with super nice people in it. Tonight when I called to talk to the girls - Shelby was still upset and really wanting me and her Chaddy. After talking to Chad tonight, I think the plans for tomorrow night are changing and he will have them back at home. Back to class tomorrow and studying tomorrow night!

Powered By Blogger

Labels