About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

7/02/2006

No Go to the Horse Show

We were supposed to go Saturday to the horse show in Cullman. Due to my youngest child totally revolting, we never made it. I was in meltdown mode by the time my parents got here as they were coming to go to the show with us. So, we changed directions and got my fountain put together for the front deck. Things seemed to only go downhill! Shortly after getting the fountain put together, all the water was draining out. There was a huge crack in the bottom. This finding only perpetuated the meltdown that had began earlier in the day. At least this time I had a support system here. So, Paw Paw, my dad and mom helped me load it up and we made a trip to Lowe's. While we there, we bought the landscaping blocks to raise it up and flowers / ferns to go around it. It looked really pretty once all put together...even though I do have to go back and buy a few more blocks to complete it. Chad thinks having a fountain on the front deck is crazy but with our swing and wicker out there, the water feature is a nice accessory. It can also be seen from inside my keeping room window and can be heard slightly. So, we didn't make the horse show but we had a productive afternoon in spite of it. By the way, Shelby didn't get to play with anyone or anything at all for the rest of the day due to her behavior!

Powered By Blogger

Labels