About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

7/04/2006

Well, we finally finalized things with the trainer in Haleyville last night. We went up to see if she really wanted to keep my first paint, Shorty, for herself or if we were going to bring him home. Apparently she really wanted to keep him - because she traded us two real sweet horses for him. So, I guess I'm a "horse trader" now....ha ha The difficult thing will be to not get attached. They are both really cute. One is a 6yo paint gelding and the other is a black mare 12 yo. I rode both and they ride really good. I will miss Shorty and what he taught me. It was a lesson learned. I hope to see Cathy riding him on barrels in the near future. I told her she better call us so she will have a cheering section to watch her and Shorty run! It took us forever to get home because there was some wreck on 78 Hwy that involved Lifesaver helicopter coming - so we sat for over an hour! Glad to be home - Happy 4th!

Powered By Blogger

Labels