About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

9/06/2006

August End

On Saturday the 26th, we attended a little fun gathering at Colt 45 arena. Well, it was supposed to be fun anyway. We took Sparkle and Hannah. We took Sparkle for Jessie because Goldie was missing a shoe and still recovering from a nail in her hoof. The grounds were pretty empty so we let Jessie make a lap outside the arena on Sparkle. On the far side of the arena from where we were, Sparkle trotted off with Jessie and she began to panic. She was 50 yds away before she stopped her and we were headed that way and hollering to her at the top of our lungs. So, this little scene led to us putting her in the arena and it happened again. By this time Jessie was a wreck and so was I. So, I went in to walk her around and we did that for a few minutes. Then when I left, Jessie tried to take her around and she balked at something....Sparkle's balking panicked Jessie again. Every panic attack drew more attention from others there and more advice, opinions, etc. By this time I was sick of it all and just wanted to load up and go home. So, I told them to take her off....I just didn't feel she was thinking clearly and I felt her safety was an issue at this point. Then, I said I wanted to go.....and I said it loudly. I know everyone thinks I was mad about the whole scene but I was just a wreck and wanted to go. What was supposed to be fun turned into DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. Chad coaxed me into saddling Hannah and I rode her for a little bit. A friend's teenager son, Matt, was ribbing me about taking her around the barrels. I told him I wouldn't but he could. He really couldn't because she was long-toed but I told him to ride her. He kept asking me what was wrong with her, was she spooky, etc. I kept laughing him telling him NO, NO and NO and assuring him I had gotten rid of the crazy one. He rode her and had fun on her as do I every time I ride her. Glad Chad talked me into riding her and calming down. Funny how Hannah helps me calm down and Shorty did just the opposite!

Powered By Blogger

Labels