About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

9/12/2006

Sellin' Horses.....

Well, the two people that e-mailed about Sonny were very interested. Really strange how he has been listed for a while and no bites and then in one evening I had two e-mails about him. I know everything happens for a reason and in God's perfect timing....we had just gotten to the point that we knew we needed to sell the "spare horses" and we really felt ok with it. If someone would ride Sonny regularly then it would be different but since he's not being ridden regularly he really needs to be sold. I am less inclined to sell Sparkle because she is small and older. I'd like to have her for other kids to ride and for costume leadline. But I know we got both of them to sell, so if the right buyer came along for her, I would have to consider it now as well. So, one of the interested parties was a family and they wanted to come down as soon as possible to look at him. They came down Sunday evening and then called once they got home to say they wanted him. They thought they wouldn't be able to get him until Wednesday. Then on Monday afternoon, they called and said they could come that evening. So, I rushed home to get everything pulled together - Coggins, Shots, Bill of Sale and my parting note to the family and Sonny. I will post the note later..... I cried at work knowing they were coming and cried when I called my Mom to tell her. Once home I was busy and couldn't think about it. When they loaded him up my girls were boo-hoo'ing and then I started. Chad thinks we are all nuts! The mom that bought him said she couldn't watch us cry. I told her about the note and told her my husband thinks I am a real dork. She said she writes letters about lots of things and I think she will appreciate what I wrote. Turns out her husband used to work with Paw Paw Waid's company and knows Paw Paw. She is a nurse in the Neuro ICU in Huntsville....so I told her my experience in the NICU. They have a 7 yr old daughter and they are all so excited to have a horse. It is not their first experience with horses...Mom and Dad used to have horses, Dad used to train - break horses and the daughter is in lessons. I know Sonny is going to a great home and I am glad I was a part of making that happen for them. It is hard to not get attached! I have now sold a part of "Shorty" and that was hard too. But, Shorty is still doing well at Cathy's.

Powered By Blogger

Labels