About a working wife, mom and owner of four horses who lives in Alabama....and trying to take things "one day at a time".

9/12/2006

Horses on the Loose!

On Tuesday, the day following Labor Day, Chad was taking the girls to school and the neighbor (Emily) told Chad that two of our horses got out while we were gone to Sipsey. Luckily she was in the driveway playing and ran in to get her Dad before they got too far. So, her dad - aka Tanner - came over and did his best at horse rustling. The two that were out were Blackie, Shelby's pony, and Hannah - my horse. Tanner said that Blackie went back into the fence with ease. But Hannah didn't want to go back in so easily...think she even raised her leg to kick at him! I had soaked Goldie's hoof that morning so I know I probably didn't have the chain secured. I told Chad I wanted us to get something less cumbersome and he chided me telling me there was nothing wrong with that chain. Sure, there's nothing wrong with trying to hold a lead rope, open a gate, lead it out, close the gate, hold the lead rope with horse and wrap a looooooong chain two or three times then clip it to itself. Sounds perfectly fine doesn't it?

Powered By Blogger

Labels